Vegetarian dish served at a function I catered. I based the recipe on the following link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zesty-vegetarian-sweet-and-sour-meatballs/detail.aspx. Enjoy!
I played with the recipe a little but the proportions are correct on Allrecipes.com’s website.
Grilled Breast of Chicken Dijon
8 ea. Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts, I use 5 or 6 oz. Portions but you can use what ever size you prefer
½ cup Tony’s homemade Vinaigrette
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Water
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt, I use Lawrey’s
½ tsp. White Pepper, ground or to taste
1 tsp. Leaf or ground Thyme
½ tsp. Poultry Seasoning
4 ozs. Dijon Mustard
1 tbls. Dry Mustard
½ cup Cornstarch
½ cup Dry White Wine, I use Sauvignon Blanc
- Marinate the chicken breasts for at least an hour but not more than 6 hours. (They might fall apart if left in marinade to long.)
- When you are ready to start the grill start making the sauce. Heat the Heavy Cream and water in a heavy sauce pot. While it is heating add the seasonings. Stir with a whisk. Keep an eye on the pot. Don’t walk away. Heavy cream goes over the top very quickly.
- Once the cream looks like it is coming to a boil put the cornstarch in a small bowl and add the white wine. Use your whisk to stir it up well.
- Once the cream comes to an almost boil add the cornstarch and wine all at once, whisking while you are adding it. It should thicken almost immediately. If you want the sauce thicker add a little more cornstarch and wine, equal volumes. If too thick for you add a little water.
- Turn down to a simmer and put the chicken on the pre-heated hot grill. Keep the grill on high . . . don’t walk away. We want to grill the chicken quickly to seal in the juices.
- Once the chicken is marked and brown on both sides place in a casserole dish. Pour the sauce over, cover and bake in 350° pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
Tony’s Vinaigrette Dressing
This is easiest done in a pint mason jar or something that you can screw on the lid and shake it.
2/3 cup vinegar–I use distilled
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda
2 teaspoons ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 cup or so Canola Oil or EVOO* if you are not going to refrigerate it.
Place all ingredients in a jar or in a mixing bowl and either shake the jar or whisk the ingredients in the bowl. All of the ingredients can be adjusted according to your tastes.
*The EVOO is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If you use this and put the dressing in the refrigerator for any length of time the olive oil will congeal and won’t mix easily when you add it to a salad.
NOTE: This dressing also makes a great marinade for chicken and grilled vegetables.